Friday, February 1, 2008

What goes on in the kids' minds?

A glimpse into what goes on:

Clarence has been asking a lot of interesting questions about LOTR ever since he and I finished reading the book last November.

Why did the elves leave Middle-Earth?
Why did they first come to Middle-Earth?
Why was Frodo able to carry the Ring for so long without being corrupted by its evil?
If a human marries an elf, how long will their children live in the first generation - will the parent elf outlive the half-elf children?
Where do wizards come from - are they born of other wizards?
Who came first - the Ents and Fangorn Forest, or Tom Bombadil?

And why are the Lady Galadriel's eyes so scary when she spoke to Frodo at their first meeting? :-)

Cass recently brought home some work from first grade. She wrote:
"I want to be a police when I grow up so I can help people.
I don't want to be a pilot because there are too many buttons on the airplane and it's too hard".

No comments: